Have you been taking care of your smile as you age? If so, great job! Your smile is a significant aspect of your appearance and health, which makes it a top priority to take extra special care of. In fact, your smile can begin to fade in color, and your risk for gum disease can increase over time, which is why taking extra care of your smile as you age is always ideal.
Our dentists, Drs. Robinson and Robinson, are happy to help you with your oral health care needs and questions. To help you take care of your smile, our team at Plum Tree Family Dental in Provo, Utah, is happy to share some insight with you on the subject.
Here are some tips and tricks to taking care of your smile through the years:
– Brushing: Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste.
– Routine checkups: Focus on routine checkups and professional cleanings from our dentists.
– Easy tools to use: Age can make brushing and flossing more difficult, so switch to easier to operate utensils such as electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
– Flossing: Make sure you are using safe interdental products that can clean between each tooth.
– Healthy lifestyle: Eliminate any aspects of your life that can cause dental damage in any form, including bad habits that you may have.
– Healthy diet: A healthy diet consists of products and treatments that are safe for your teeth and gums.
If you need help with your oral health, or if you have questions about our practice, please call us today at 801-375-3388 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to share with you any information you need to keep your smile healthy through the years.